Software Installation Process
- Installation file can be either EXE or MSI.
- Installation requires administrative rights on the target machine.
- Installation process (automated) :
- Install kernel mode driver for USB devices.
- Copy application files.
- Install and start mce’s Service.
- Update registry keys.
- Create desktop and programs menu shortcuts.
- Create uninstaller.
- Automatic Update runs in user mode (non-administrative).
- Application checks for update periodically.
- Automatic update process:
- Check for newer version.
- Download newer version package (full or differential) files.
- Deploy package files
mce Connection Box
mce software requires that the mce Connection Box is connected to one of the PC’s USB ports, and powered by the provided AC adapter.
- Connect mce Connection Box to power source with provided AC adapter. (AC adapter should be connected directly to a wall socket)
- Connect mce Connection Box to PC with provided A-B cable. (A-B cable should be connected to USB2 port only)
Important Note: Without the AC adapter, the operation of mce software may fail as connected devices will not be supplied with enough current. AC adaptor is absolutely mandatory for flashing.